The black Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens is a mid-range zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras with a 35mm format equivalent focal length of 28-84mm. This is an ideal zoom range for everyday use, providing a moderate wide-angle to short telephoto perspective. With an aperture range of f/3.5-22 this is an extremely versatile lens.
For enhanced image quality, this lens utilizes three aspherical elements that help reduce optical aberrations and distortion. Also, there is an extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations as well as a super high refractive index element that ensures uniform light transmission and therefore increases sharpness.
During operation, the 14-42mm EZ lens features a Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing. There is even an electronic zoom mechanism for near silent zoom control during shooting. Additionally, this lens has a minimum focusing distance of 7.9″ at 14mm and a front filter thread of 37mm for accessories.
- Versatile angle of view of 29-75°
- Closest focusing distances of 7.9″ at 14mm and 9.8″ at 42mm
- Maximum image magnification of 0.23x, or 0.46x 35mm equivalent magnification
- MSC autofocus system and electronic zoom are perfect for recording high definition video without noise from the lens disrupting your shots
- Lens construction of 8 elements in 7 groups
- Weighs 3.2 ounces
- Optional MCON-P02 Macro Converter enables close-up focusing on your subjects